Thursday, November 15, 2012

Twilight Mania

I am a fan of Twilight.  I read all the books and enjoyed them.  I've seen all the movies and enjoyed those also - even with the horrible acting.  I will probably see the new movie sometime next week after the hoopla dies down.  The release of the new movie gave me the perfect opportunity to try out some more of my polish from Different Dimension

I couldn't resist a polish named Sparkle Like Edward.  Or the one named 50 Shades.  So, for my Twilight mani I used both of them.


Sparkles Like Edward is a white jelly duochrome with holographic glitters.  At first I thought it was light gray, but as I applied it I could really tell it was white.  And in the right light it is irridescent and shifts to pink.  Unfortuantely, my camera does not capture how lovely this polish is.  The application was smooth and it was mostly opague in two coats.  I did three because I wanted more holo glitters.  It applied evenly and the glitter was pretty well spread out over the nail.  I haven't applied many glitters so far, so I'm sure my application will get better as I go.  Sparkles Like Edward did take a little longer to dry, but not horribly so and it was only a little bit gritty on the nail.  I used a coat of Gelous and then Seche Vite and it smoothed them right out.


The picture does not do it justice.  I think I am going to have to start penning up the animals so they don't escape and taking my pictures outside.  My lighting in here sucks.

On the other hand I did an accent nail of 50 Shades.  This is a grey jelly base with tons of glitters.  It also applied smoothly and dried faster than Sparkles Like Edward.  It was grittier than SLE when it dried and needed the Gelous and Seche to make it smooth.  I had bare spots but that is due to my application rather than the polish.  I bet this would look amazing over gray or black polish.


I think I like the mani better without the accent nail though.

Different Dimension has great polish and a nice assortment to choose from.  I can't wait to try the others I've purchased from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment