Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Smitten with Smitten

I tried a new indie polish today.  Flurry by Smitten.   It is a gorgeous polish and extremely appropriate for today which was gray and cloudy and overcast.


Smitten is a gray polish with blue and silver glitter.  It is a little sheer and this is three coats and two coats of Seche Vite.  I think I'd like to try it over a light gray polish to see how it looks. 

The polish applied beautifully and I got a nice amout of glitter without having to work too hard for it.  It did seem to take a little bit longer to dry.  I finished my manicure and even after applying the Seche I still managed to smudge a nail, which I haven't done in a long time.  It doesn't detract from the polish at all in my opinion, I just have to let it dry a little longer between coats.  The surface is a little rough becuase of the glitter but two coats of Seche smoothed it right out.


I love the name of this polish and think it describes the color perfectly.  It absolutely reminds me of a winter sky before it starts snowing.  I got compliments on it at work too.  And no, the bottle did not come like this.  My dog managed to grab it when I wasn't looking and chewed the top.  Big surprise there.  At least she has good taste. :)

I habe a couple of other colores by Smitten that I am eager to try out as well.  You can visit her Etsy shop to get some Smitten polish for you very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment